Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yes, I really am going to go there

I have friends and relatives of all flavors. Conservative, liberal, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Republican, Democrat. 'Some of my best friends are'... gay, straight, teachers, blacks... Yes, I went there.

I decided to start this blog because I've been inundating my poor Facebook page with my thoughts and the horrors of the current political and social climate in the US, and while I believe it's hugely important to educate the idiots ignorant intolerant uneducated general population on who is in power and what they are doing with that power, I was beginning to feel kind of bad for all my friends. They became my friend on Facebook to hear all about my life and my love for my children, husband, dog, friends, etc. Not necessarily to hear me ranting crying because our country is going down the crapper.

No worries, though. I'll feed the blog over to my Facebook profile page anyway. This just lets me be a little more, errr...., outspoken on particular issues that I feel are important, such as the vilification of our teachers, the subjugation of women (wait, that's already taken...), the attacks on the poor and underserved, the media and their inability or unwillingness to call out the lunacy and be true journalists instead of sensationalists, and any other little thing that pops into my head.

So please, stop in and tell me what you think. But please be sure to read the commenting policy. Because while I embrace diversity of thought and the open exchange of ideas, I don't embrace assholes anyone proseletizing rudely in the comments. That right is reserved for me. Hey, it's my blog. I get to write the rules. And enforce them *glee*.

No comments:

Post a Comment