Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear .@MittRomney, guess what $10,000 gets the 99%?

Oh, Mittens. Really? Truly?

You have the chutzpah to just throw a $10,000 bet out there in a presidential debate on national TV just to prove you're not a flip-flopper?  Really? Ok then. And then you defend yourself by saying you had to poop in a bucket on your Mormon mission? *shakes head* Mitt, Mitt, Mitt.

You gave this ammo to the DNC before the bet was even declined, in the only bright thing that Rick Perry has ever done in his adult life.




Lots of folks are sharing #what10Kbuys, just to help you understand why we're all so annoyed with you.

For me? It would pay off my credit card debt - the one incurred because my teacher husband and I, while both working full time, come up short about $250 every single month in keeping a roof over our heads in Southern California, paying for gas to get us to our jobs (since there is no public transportation system where we live), feeding our two teenage boys (and yes, Newt, the older one even has a job!), clothing them, and saving for college so we aren't, you know, an absurdity.

Once again, I'm forced to say to a Republican presidential candidate: Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Until you've walked in my shoes, don't talk about how great I have it and how I'm a deliberate drain on the system. Don't talk about how my teacher husband, who goes to work at 7:00 and comes home at 4:30 without a lunch break, and works at least one weekend day each weekend, works part time. We're part of the group that keeps this economy going. You know... the MIDDLE CLASS. I buy in the stores. I pay to the colleges. I actually pay my taxes, even though I may not like how the government uses most of that money.

[Oh, and side note. Newt? Simply because I don't like a law like having to pay my taxes when the government is screwing it all up, doesn't mean that I get to disregard it. Cause if I could? Yeah, you wouldn't be getting a dime of my tax money. Except guess what? I would go to jail for that. So think about how the little people feel when you want to disregard laws or judicial rulings simply because you don't like them.]

Oh, and also? The second that Ann Coulter, the bitchiest, cruelest, nastiest woman person thing in America endorsed you, Mitt? Yeah, you gave up any hope.

What does $10K buy? Apparently, when Mitt pays it, it buys a second term for President Obama.

What would $10,000 buy you?

2 comments:

  1. $10,000 is almost half of my annual Social Security Disability income. The money he's willing to drop on a bet? As a joke? Yeah, that would feed and clothe a seriously ill person for 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Becky! Why don't these guys even come close to understanding?

    ReplyDelete