Thursday, September 8, 2011

Disrespect and the Congress

Every time I think I can't be more disappointed, outraged, and by Congress, they one-up themselves.

Today, it's the shocking number who can't be bothered to attend when the President of the United States addresses a joint session of Congress.

David Vitter wants to watch the Saints game.

Joe Walsh says the president is abusing his power by asking to speak to Congress about something that isn't a national emergency. (He might want to share that tidbit with his fellow republicans who seem to think this is the biggest emergency to face America ever. Maybe he missed the debate last night. Or maybe he's just FUCKING CRAZY).

Jim DeMint isn't attending because he'd rather just read it.

Paul Broun is planning to hold a twitter town hall from the comfort of his office instead. (He also skipped the SOTU speech)

The fact that they all have something better to do, when they are sitting right there in Washington makes me so angry. I can't even fathom the coordinated and organized disrespect being shown by our elected officials. I only hope that come election day, these assholes are voted out. But I have my doubts, because the same uninformed idiots who voted them in are the same uninformed idiots who will re-elect them.

I couldn't agree more with Nancy Pelosi, who said that what the republicans are doing "is not only disrespectful to him, but to the American people. The Republican silence on Thursday evening will speak volumes about their lack of commitment to creating jobs."

No comments:

Post a Comment