Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dodger blues

When is enough enough? Like everyone else in LA, I've been glued (or at least paid attention) to the Frank & Jamie McCourt divorce as it relates to the future of the Dodgers. Pretty much all of LA agrees that we want McCourt out of Dodger management.

But that's about the Dodgers, not about them personally.

Before I begin, I freely admit I have done absolutely no research on this matter. I only know what is reported on the radio or the TV news. I'm making a very broad assumption that what's reported is somewhat close to remotely accurate in a kinda-sorta kind of way.

But the story I heard this morning made me spew my coffee all over my windshield on the way to work. The headline? Jamie McCourt fighting to Keep Her Spousal Support.

That's enough to make you sit up and pay attention, right? That poor woman! Not so fast. You see, it seems Frank was asking for his spousal support to be reduced from $625,000 a month to $500,000 a month. And Jamie, poor little rich girl, just can't live on that pittance. She has, after all, 6 houses to maintain, plus a lifestyle to which she's become accustomed to maintain.

My response to that? Boo-fricken-hoo.

Judge Scott Gordon ordered today that McCourt continue paying his ex-wife $225,000 a month in spousal support pending a trial in November. He also ordered that Jamie McCourt sell all six remaining properties the couple shares (the seventh has already been sold for $1.1 million).

Seriously, I get that there are traditional ways that spousal support is usually determined. And yes, it's important to maintain the integrity of that determination. But with so many unemployed and so many underpaid in their current jobs, and really, a fucking Recession To End All Recessions going on, do either of these people really expect anyone to have any sympathy for them? To me, they both seem like a couple of babies. Greedy-ass babies. Who are fighting over more money in a month than I make in years.

So my advice to Frank and Jamie is this: take a big honking dose of Shut The Fuck Up and quit your whining and your complaining. Because soon enough, I'm going to sue you both for support. Lord knows, I need it to support my ONE house and my two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment